Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Weekend

This weekend has been long already....good but long.

Yesterday, I got to spend the morning with my BFF...Debi.  Where we laughed till we cried and pee'd our pants.  We had breakfast, and talked..........then went to the soap store in Columbia.  Just like we used to do when our girls were in Kindergarten & 1st grade.  Gosh, I miss those days of leisure.  Me, a single parent(widowed) and Debi...a single during the week parent (Hubby worked in the City during the week)
Now, we both work.  I have a husband and another child....and no free-time like we used to have.  We would drop our girls off at school and then go and sit at Starbucks all morning until it was time to pick them up.  I had started a soap making business...making Castile soap & the melt & pour.  I taught Debi how to make soap.  I sold my wears all over town...I loved making soap! 

I also was very artistic.  I would paint furniture artistically.  I got hired by many people in town to paint rooms and paint furniture.  God...I loved it!  I won several ribbons at the local fair for my soaps and furniture  :)

Anyway...I ended up giving my soap business to my Mom because she needs to make some money.  She never paid for it...and ran it into the ground.  But, I miss it.

Those were the days.  I didn't know how simple life was....because it just was.

Now, I am busy all day and all night with family...mainly our son.  I miss my daughter and see that by the time I get back to her...she will be college bound and gone.

Nash announced to me today that he will live with me forever!  So, now I know....I am never going to sleep during the night...ever!

Anyway...I also spent time with my other BFF and got a hair cut....and got to hear everything that is going on. 

I am so fortunate to have my friends in my life.  I felt renewed and ready for the battle when I got home.

1 comment:

  1. Friends are great. Refreshment and renewal is, too. Hope it wasn't too bad getting back home.

    ReplyDelete