So, in our world it is....
- Nash walks with Dad to McDonald's and they have breakfast together
- Mom tries to sleep more
- grocery shopping with Nash
- because even tho grocery shopping is hard with him, its our routine
- we go early....by 8am so we get there before the real crazy people shop up
- then Sophie and I go to a Children's Fair to get any info on our community that I might not know
- Go to Nash's baseball game
- it was a long game!
- No matter how much you think he is in it...he is not
- then rush home, drop off kids
- meet with our behavior therapist for more lessons in how to deal with our new world
- home to study the lessons we have been given
- make dinner
- work on 3, 2, 1 ....done for behavior management
- we now have to carry poker chips with us all the time for rewards
- working on having more control in our house
- Nash is the one controlling it all right now
- practice and make fun....3, 2, 1 ....done
- chips all around!
- Nash lost 5 minutes of Big Bang Theory and 5 minutes earlier to bed because he was controlling the door being NOT opened
- I give up with dental hygiene tonight because really...I am NOT dying on this mountain
- get Nash in bed...do everything the same way
- say good night, I love you...muuhhhaa
- close the door and walk to MY bed and lay down for a few minutes
- thank God for another day that we made it
- and I love my son!
- Sit with Hubby to have a conversation because this is the only time we can talk without being monitored by Nash
- agree and get on the same page with each other
- watch TV and eat ice cream until Hubby falls asleep
Our behavior therapist says we will soon get control of our lives and home. I am hopeful but not optimistic.
I was told to download and read....
It is a couple of hundred pages. I got it all printed out and 3 hole punched and put in a binder. Because as much as I refer my Hubby things to read. I have learned he will only read things that come in book form....he does not like to read anything on the Kindle or the computer.
If you are interested in or have a diagnosis of Autism in your family...go to Autism Speaks
I am reading as fast as I can...because I am already at 51 days and just starting!