Friday, April 19, 2013

snickerdoodles

This morning I woke up and thought...thanks GOD it's Friday.  Then I remembered, Hubby is subbing at school in the after school program and I work until 5.  And Nash....my little whack-a-mole....believes that if he is not picked up at 3pm daily......life is over.

So, for an hour....its the whining, the why's, the flat out....I am leaving and running away.

I explain that he will be with Daddy at after school program...just until 5.  There is nothing we can do...this is life. 

Why does a change in schedule have to be so....life changing for my boy????  Now, I am not a fly by the seat of my pants gal.  No way!  I hate change!  But, I know that this is life.

Geeze...I am thinking....every morning this week...is HELL!  I can NOT do this again!  Then my brain works.

I tell him...that I am going to call all of my friends and see if someone can pick him up at school at 3pm.  And if they can...they will show up and walk up to him and say....snickerdoodle!  I tell Nash this is our code word.  But, if no one shows up at school and says to him...snickerdoodle...then he will have to stay at school with dad.  He is very skeptical.

And with good reason.  Even if I did call someone...he would NEVER go with anyone!  He is too paranoid and has never, ever been in a vehicle with anyone else but us and Deb.

But, as soon as he would start to whine...I would say..."what is the code word?"  He would joyfully smile and say...snickerdoodle!  I am thinking....I rock!

Until it was time to go to school...I had tested him several times.  He was ready!  And just in case I was wrong.......I tested him and asked him if he could tell them the password???  He knew that he couldn't.

So, we are at school...and I test him again.  I got this!

Then he tells his teacher.  I lean into her and tell her...no one is picking up Nash.  He is going to after school program.  But, he was having a bad day and needed a little hope.

I was telling my boss what I did...and she asked who was picking Nash up?  And I said nobody!  Then I felt bad...thinking Nash was upset.

But, get home...and first thing out of his mouth....is...."mom, no one said "snickerdoodles"!"  I said too bad...maybe next time someone will.  He was happy.  I was happy!

Some days...I got it!

Stay tuned!
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. This was the cutest post. So happy you were all happy. And "snickerdoodles" is just SUCH a fun word!

    ReplyDelete