Friday, April 26, 2013

Mom is changing titles

For years I have been on my school's PTO board in some fashion....director, secretary Co-President...then President. And now....I am stepping down.  As you know...I have been saying I would leave...but never really felt it.

Then when I felt it...I wasn't sure I could leave.

I have wanted to be a PTA President since I was a little girl.  My Granny was a PTA President...she always talked so highly of her work as a President of PTA...she made the position sparkle.  And it did!

I cried when I saw that it was time for me to go.  Wasn't sure I could leave....could I hold on one more year?  NO.  It's always good to leave on a high note and that is where I am.  But, it was hard.

Then I thought...I am just going to do nothing!  Take 6 months off and see what is out there that needs me.  Because...I am very good at what I do.  Anyone that knew me...knew this was HARD for me  :)

Not volunteering is like NOT doing drugs!

But, I had a new world to enter.  Special Education, Autism....a world I know nothing about.

So, I started asking questions because certainly.....they have to have some kinda place where people meet up, have a meeting???  Come on!  So, I asked anyone and everyone.  And the more I asked the more people already knew who I was.  I found out about SELPA....Special Education Local Plan Area, and they have a community advisory board.  And they asked me to be on their board!

I am very excited about this change.  And they are excited to get someone who is as connected as I am and vocal about what I do.

This is where I need to be.  Fighting for my son and while fighting for him...fight for others than need a fighter

I am so happy that I can now...do what I do...and along the way...benefit my son!


1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL! I'm so glad you found a place. And I'm sure you are needed there. It'll be a good fit. It'll also help you learn more.

    ReplyDelete